Subject Line: 5 Ways to Pay it Forward in 2019
5 Impactful Ways to Stick to Your 2019 New Year’s Resolution of “Paying It Forward” with Rainbow Village
According to TheTopTens.com, “Giving to Charity” fell within last year’s 20 Most Popular New Year’s Resolutions – not far behind pursuing a healthier lifestyle, meeting new people, procrastinating less, getting better sleep, picking up a new hobby, reading more, complaining less and quitting smoking. There are a number of ways you can “give” to a charity, whether as an individual or by enlisting the help of a group or the company for which you work. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, Rainbow Village is aptly named because it TAKES a village to do what we do. In our mission to break the cycles of homelessness, poverty and domestic violence here in Georgia, we rely on the support of donors, volunteers, sponsors and corporate partners. Here are 5 IMPACTFUL ways you can help while sticking to your own New Year’s Resolution to “PAY IT FORWARD”…
- Register to Volunteer: Rainbow Village offers a broad array of ways to volunteer with our organization. From using your personal and professional talents to help our afterschool program to gathering the family together to serve food during our weekly or holiday family dinners, there are countless opportunities to have a lasting impact on our Village (and your time with us may just have a lasting impact on you, too!) *Will include button that leads to volunteer page
2. Make an Individual Donation: One-time donations are ALWAYS welcome at Rainbow Village, but the best way to have a lasting impact on the families we serve is to become a monthly recurring donor. Our monthly donors help us plan and budget better throughout the year and those donations go to support our programming, which includes everything from our Early Childhood Development Center to Character Development Classes for Youth Residents to Life Skills Training Classes for Adult Residents – and everything in between. *Will include button that leads to monthly recurring donor page
3. Maximize Your Donation Through Company Matching: We encourage you to visit our database to see if your employer is part of a corporate matching program. If you don’t find them on our database, consider asking them if they’d be willing to match your donation to Rainbow Village.
4. Encourage Your Company to Become a Rainbow Village Corporate Partner: Beyond company matching, one of the most popular programs for local businesses is our Corporate Partner program. Local restaurants or caterers may opt to take part in providing food to our Villagers through one or more of our weekly Family Dinners. Corporate groups may enjoy team-building while prepping one of our apartments for an incoming family or refreshing the landscaping on our campus. And our partner program isn’t merely limited to companies – we also welcome partnerships with faith-based organizations, civic groups, local municipalities and fellow charitable organizations
5. Suggest that Your Company Sponsors one of our Upcoming Events: Each year, Rainbow Village plays host to two major fundraising events – the Second Chance Golf Classic and the Annual “We Are Family” Gala. We invite families and companies to show their support of our organization and its all-important mission by signing on to be a sponsor of one of these events. Beyond those two, we regularly play host to seasonal events like our Back-to-School Bash, Mother’s Day Luncheon and Christmas Party, among others. Companies, churches and civic groups can all have a hand in serving as a sponsor of one or more of our events. It’s terrific PR and an awesome way to Pay It Forward on a larger scale.