How to Apply
Many families reach out to us for help, but unfortunately not everyone qualifies for our program. Rainbow Village is a long-term program of self-help and self-sufficiency and not simply a place to seek shelter. We require you become an active part of our educational program and actively involved in the Rainbow Village community. Let’s start by helping you understand the firm guidelines you must meet to be considered for acceptance.
Before you can apply, we must first determine if you meet the federal definition of homelessness which is:
- People who are living in a place not meant for human habitation, in emergency shelter, in transitional housing, or are exiting an institution where they temporarily resided.
- People who are losing their primary nighttime residence, which may include a motel or hotel or a doubled up situation, within 14 days and lack resources or support networks to remain in housing.
- Families with children or unaccompanied youth who are unstably housed and likely to continue in that state.
- People who are fleeing or attempting to flee domestic violence, have no other residence, and lack the resources or support networks to obtain other permanent housing.
If you match that definition then you also must match all of these qualifications:
- Must be a resident in Georgia for at least 30 days
- Must be willing and able to work
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have custody of at least one child
To gain a better sense of what is expected of our residents, click here to see what’s included in our program covenant.
If, after reviewing this criteria, you feel you could be a possible match to our program, we ask that you please call our office directly to inquire about our qualification process and next steps.