Mission and Vision
Our vision is to be a national model of an educational and holistic approach to breaking the cycles of homelessness, poverty and domestic violence.
Rainbow Village transforms the lives of homeless families with children by providing a stable community and services that instills initiative, self-development and accountability for future generations.
- Love for God and Neighbor
- Respect for the Dignity of Every Human Being
- Support for Every Member of Our Community
- Engage with Humility and Compassion
- Good Stewardship
Everyone has the same needs: safety, shelter, food and a healthy community of support—an ongoing sense of home and family. Georgia Statistics:
- Over 500,000 children living in poverty stricken families.
- Over 60,000 children experiencing homelessness each year.
- Average age of a homeless person is 9 years old.
- 87% of homeless families cite lack of affordable housing as the primary cause of homelessness.
- Domestic Violence is the second most frequently stated cause of homelessness.
- Current high school graduation rate for homeless children is less than 25%.
Rainbow Village Is Effective
Source: Rainbow Village 2015 Outcome Data.
- 99% of Graduates secured and maintained housing without subsidy at the end of 2015 versus 86% at the end of 2014
- 100% of Graduates were employed at year end
- 92% increase in wage earned from entrance into program to graduation