Mission and Vision
Rainbow Village transforms the lives of homeless families with children by providing a stable community and services that instill initiative, self-development and accountability for future generations.
Our vision is to be a national model of an educational and holistic approach to breaking the cycle of homelessness, poverty and domestic violence.
- Love for God and Neighbor
- Respect for the Dignity of Every Human Being
- Support for Every Member of Our Community
- Engage with Humility and Compassion
- Good Stewardship
We all have the same needs: safety, shelter, food, a healthy supportive community and an ongoing sense of home and family. But today in Georgia:
- More than 500,000 children live in poverty stricken families.
- More than 60,000 children experience homelessness.
- The average age of a homeless person is 9 years old.
- 87% of homeless families say the lack of affordable housing is the primary cause of their homelessness.
- Domestic Violence is the second most frequently stated cause of homelessness.
- Currently the high school graduation rate for homeless children is less than 25%.
Source: State of Georgia Statistics
Rainbow Village Is Effective
- 99% of Graduates secured and maintained housing without subsidy at the end of 2015 versus 86% at the end of 2014
- 100% of Graduates were employed at year end
- 92% increase in wage earned from entrance into program to graduation
Source: Rainbow Village 2015 Outcome Data